Random NYC Celebrity Sighting

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Random NYC Celebrity Sighting

Postby Tom4 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:42 pm

So I step down from my ivory tower in Manhattan (Union Square area) to get lunch today. I'm walking down Park Ave., looking down at my roaring iPod ("Universal Traveler" by Air, if you must know). All of a sudden, I bump shoulders with someone. I look up, and it's Adrian Grenier. He was on the phone, like me not looking where he was going. "My bad," I say, needing a second to positively ID him. "Sorry, my friend," he replies, and we both head our separate ways.

Talk about a handsome dude. I mean, even handsomer than on TV. I almost got lost in those eyes. Then I spent the next 15 minutes wondering how much better his sex life is than mine.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:58 pm

You should have turned to him and said, "Let's hug it out, bitch."

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:13 pm

D. Phillips wrote:You should have turned to him and said, "Let's hug it out, bitch."

Perfect.
I saw Grenier's documentary on HBO last week and was surprised at how utterly boring it was.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:22 pm

worpswede wrote:Perfect.
I saw Grenier's documentary on HBO last week and was surprised at how utterly boring it was.

More boring than John from Cincinnati?

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:43 pm

Tom4 wrote:More boring than John from Cincinnati?

Yeah, that was a tad noddy...I'm not giving up on it yet. I'm curious to see why he's levitating.
Here in Iowa, the only people that can float live in Vedic City

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:26 pm

I'll give the show a chance too. I was somewhat intrigued by the whole thing, though the acting was a bit stiff and with Milch's sometimes verbose dialog, you better be a fine actor (see: Ian McShane).

Chris G
Dotman

Re: Random NYC Celebrity Sighting

Postby Chris G » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Tom4 wrote:So I step down from my ivory tower in Manhattan (Union Square area) to get lunch today. I'm walking down Park Ave., looking down at my roaring iPod ("Universal Traveler" by Air, if you must know). All of a sudden, I bump shoulders with someone. I look up, and it's Adrian Grenier. He was on the phone, like me not looking where he was going. "My bad," I say, needing a second to positively ID him. "Sorry, my friend," he replies, and we both head our separate ways.

Talk about a handsome dude. I mean, even handsomer than on TV. I almost got lost in those eyes. Then I spent the next 15 minutes wondering how much better his sex life is than mine.

Ha ha. That's great.

My wife can spot B and even C list celebrities from two block away from the other side of the Avenue. I, on the other hand, have to physically run into them.

Once I was walking and talking with my wife, on our way up 9th Avenue. I wasn't paying attention, looking at her, instead of in front of me. I almost ran straight into Stevie Wonder as he was stepping out of Jezabelle's into a waiting limosine. My wife grabbed me just as one of his body guards stepped out to block the collision.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm

Is that the Entourage guy?
Way too fuckin' skinny for Aqua Man.
I'm not a comic book guy but isn't Spiderman supposed to be boyish so Toby is acceptable.
But aquaman is a swimmin' mutha fucka!
It takes musccles to do that shit.
But hey if Freddie Prinze Junior can disgrace the character of Aryan Fred from Scooby Do then anything is possible in the shitstorm that is Hollywood.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Random NYC Celebrity Sighting

Postby Tom4 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Chris G wrote:

Ha ha. That's great.

My wife can spot B and even C list celebrities from two block away from the other side of the Avenue. I, on the other hand, have to physically run into them.

Once I was walking and talking with my wife, on our way up 9th Avenue. I wasn't paying attention, looking at her, instead of in front of me. I almost ran straight into Stevie Wonder as he was stepping out of Jezabelle's into a waiting limosine. My wife grabbed me just as one of his body guards stepped out to block the collision.

Hot damn! Stevie?! I'd freak. My celebrity sightings in NYC have been limited to Adrian Grenier, David Cross, Zach Braff, and Zach Galifinakis (does he qualify as a celebrity)? A solid, yet unspectacular list. I don't talk to any of these people though. Don't wanna feed their egos. Only a select few would get a shriek from me. Stevie's one of them. Anyone in Radiohead. Elvis Costello. Larry David. Bill Murray. Brian Wilson. That's out of fandom. Sexy wise, I'd probably have to say something to Mandy Moore and Rashida Jones.

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Postby Dreamin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:11 pm

My husband swears that he saw Elvis Costello ordering a sub at Quiznos. I believe him because he's not one to make stuff like that up. Unfortunately, he couldn't tell me what kind of sub it was.

Return to “Rants and Raves”