So, everyone but Jake, what did you buy today?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

goldwax
MOJO Freak

So, everyone but Jake, what did you buy today?

Postby goldwax » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:10 pm

Jake, our host with the most said:
I don't care what records you bought today

I'm not in buying mode, due to various financial considerations, but I did receive a nice package yesterday from repeater of Cyprus. It contained The Sound of Wilson Pickett, released in 1998 as a part of a limited edition series of classic Atlantic albums. It has hardly any hits on it, which is perfect, since I already have all the hits. Robust stuff.

River Man
MOJO Freak

Postby River Man » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:16 pm

As reported on Mojo my last purchase was on Monday and was the new Cosmic Rough Riders album. It's no less derivative than the previous and not nearly as clever. However the songs (overall) may be stronger and with a man down they sound as though they have something to prove. It lacks a song as catchy as 'Revolution in the Summertime' but with the wonderful weather we're having at the moment it's been on constant rotation. If you liked Melodic Sunshine you'll probably like this, I do.

ROBOTBOY
MOJO Freak

Postby ROBOTBOY » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:46 pm

Paul Thorn - Ain't Life Strange.

He opened for John Hiatt at Summerfest last week.

Great story teller.... a Tupelo Mississippi boy.

Lots of energy.

Neil Jung
MOJO Freak

Postby Neil Jung » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:50 pm

I received the new Scapeland Wish album from the USA and unusually for me, actually paid real money for it. Also Yves sent me a Michael Chapman Best Of and 2 Sonny Landreth CDRs. Which was nice.

repeater
MOJO Freak

Re: So, everyone but Jake, what did you buy today?

Postby repeater » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:59 pm

goldwax wrote:Jake, our host with the most said:
I don't care what records you bought today

I'm not in buying mode, due to various financial considerations, but I did receive a nice package yesterday from repeater of Cyprus. It contained The Sound of Wilson Pickett, released in 1998 as a part of a limited edition series of classic Atlantic albums. It has hardly any hits on it, which is perfect, since I already have all the hits. Robust stuff.

I was sure you'd be able to appreciate it! It's an album made to be played LOUD!

Return to “Rants and Raves”