Wrens Meadowlands: MIA?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Wrens Meadowlands: MIA?

Post by Charli »

It appears that the album was released here. But no one can find it anywhere in the country.

Not one record store is carrying it. Which seems so odd considering that there is some considerable word of mouth, and the beginning of some very worthy hype happening.

My friends and I have tried every record store in Chicago. And some of my friends at another board are reporting the same prob in their cities.

Now I have had the limited edition copy since March. And I was looking forward to getting this edition.

Why would record stores not stock this yet it is listed as being released? It's growing to be very very odd.

Wrens

Post by Guest »

Haven't checked the local indie shops here in Toronto. I doubt they'd have it anyway. There's always my friend's online outlet No Karma If you click here, you'll see it's available. However, I do agree it should be available in shops for cash. Sucks that it isnt.
Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 »

No luck in Jersey, where you'd think the Wrens would have a more solid local following.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

You can order it directly from their label, Absolutely Kosher. I've ordered Mountain Goats stuff through them and they are very, very cool.

Post by Guest »

I just checked the Absolutely Kosher website, and it appears that they are sold out of the lt. ed., value added version of Meadowlands. The standard release is available, though.
Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli »

jake I'm completely aware I can get it through AbKosher and their site, but the point I'm trying to get at is that the album is supposed to be available in the stores and yet it isn't. I think that will end up being a problem for them.

A lot of people I know would like to just be able to walk into stores such as Reckless and purchase it, it's almost an issue with being proud of the band and seeing the cd in the store.

I have no idea if that made sense as I just woke up..
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

Oh yeah, that makes total sense. Must be an issue with Absolute Kosher's distributor... Or maybe it just sold out a lot quicker than everybody expected. That's why bands sign to major labels: to make sure their records get in all the stores.