Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
This is from Bowerbirds.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Getting to meet other bands whose music we love. We are always missing bands coming through our hometown, because of our always being out on tour. Festivals are a good chance to see them play and also to meet the people in the bands and hang out with them.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
The lack of a sound check. We’ve had one or two very awkward experiences at festival shows, where we literally couldn’t hear each other onstage, and we just hoped we were somehow playing in the same rhythm.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Lollapalooza back in the 90s, and some smaller ones.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
We’re only there for Sunday, so we’d like to see Polica, The Walkmen, Sigur Ros, Amadou and Mariam, and play the rest by ear.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Anyone who drank too much coffee.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
Here We Go Magic lp.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
Lots of good looking people everywhere.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
We avoided certain parts of the midwest on our summer tour that we’d meant to get to.
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Aw, man. Sorry guys. We tried. Phil is from Iowa, and Yan is from Wisconsin, so you know we’ll be back.
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a _________.
Playing Sunday, August 5 at 12:00 PM on the Sony stage
MP3: Bowerbirds: “Tuck the Darkness In” from The Clearing