Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
Questionnaire for Orchard Lounge filled out by OL’s Spencer Lokken.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Having the opportunity to see loads of different artists we admire and respect. And the free beer.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Having to hear loads of different artists we despise and disrespect. And when the free beer is gone.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Of course. But the hope is that’s a thing of the past.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
The Weeknd, Sigur Ros, Twin Shadow, The Tune-Yards, Toro Y Moi, Santigold, and Washed Out.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Anyone who invited themselves along without asking.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
12″? An Ilya Santana record. Full length? Tropics’ “Parodia Flare”
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
Late night liquor licenses.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
This is the first I’m hearing about that. We’re playing an extended DJ set at Smartbar on Friday 8/3, the night before our show. Uh-oh.
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Don’t wait so long to get tickets next year, fools.
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a…
Playing Saturday, August 4 at 7:30 PM on the PlayStation stage