MP3: Peter, Bjorn & John – “Summer Breeze” from Indie Rocks! A Benefit Album For Malaria No More, out November 17 on RED.
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind. That’s right, the Seals and Crofts jam. You know you love it. It’s a staple of the 70s Creepout genre.
The PBJ cover is included on a benefit for an organization dedicated to wiping out malaria deaths in Africa. So hey, good cause. Other artists on the album include Great Lake Swimmers, The Walkmen, and um, Third Eye Blind… Full track listing after the jump…
Peter, Bjorn & John: iTunes, Amazon, Insound, wiki
Continue reading Peter, Bjorn and John – Summer Breeze
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: just because it’s been a few months since we’ve done a Forkcast update, it doesn’t mean we haven’t been paying attention. Here’s some good stuff that the Fr0k has given up recently:
• Crystal Antlers – “Andrew” from Tentacles, due 04/06/09 in the U.S. and 04/07/09 in Europe on Touch & Go
• St. Vincent – “The Strangers” from Actor, due 05/05/09 on 4AD
• Bloc Party – “Signs (Armand Van Helden Remix)” from “Signs” single, due 04/27/09 on Wichita; also appears on Intimacy Remixed, due 05/11/09
• Thunderheist – “Space Cowboy” from Thunderheist, out now on Big Dada
• Mika Miko – “I Got a Lot (New New New)” from We Be Xuxa, due 05/04/09 on PPM
• Bat For Lashes – “Glass” (Live) original version from Two Suns, due 04/06/09 on Astralwerks
Lots more after the jump…
Continue reading Fun with Forkcast, Round 12
Peter Morén – The Last Tycoon (Quarterstick)
Let’s get this straight right off the bat – there’s no whistling.
As a matter of fact, there’s little of anything resembling Peter Bjorn & John‘s trademark sound in frontman Peter Morén‘s solo album The Last Tycoon. Except Peter’s voice.
Not that I was hoping for a Writer’s Block duplicate. The opposite, actually – the attempt to switch sides faster than Anne Heche from the sound that made him semi-famous is the most commendable thing about the album. It tries.
Continue reading The Glorious Noise interview with Peter Moren: The Last Tycoon