Peter Morén – The Last Tycoon (Quarterstick)
Let’s get this straight right off the bat – there’s no whistling.
As a matter of fact, there’s little of anything resembling Peter Bjorn & John‘s trademark sound in frontman Peter Morén‘s solo album The Last Tycoon. Except Peter’s voice.
Not that I was hoping for a Writer’s Block duplicate. The opposite, actually – the attempt to switch sides faster than Anne Heche from the sound that made him semi-famous is the most commendable thing about the album. It tries.
Continue reading The Glorious Noise interview with Peter Moren: The Last Tycoon
Just because it’s been several months since we’ve done a Forkast update, it doesn’t mean we haven’t been paying attention.
• The Long Blondes – “Here Comes The Serious Bit” from Couples, out now in the UK and due May 6 in the U.S. from Rough Trade
• Panda Bear – “Comfy in Nautica” (XXXChange Remix) – Original version from Person Pitch, out now on Paw Tracks
• Radiohead – “Nude (Holy Fuck Remix)” – Original track from In Rainbows, out now on ATO
• Islands – “Creeper” from Arm’s Way; due April 20 on Anti-
• The Dodos – “Ashley” from Visiter, out now on Frenchkiss
A bunch more after the jump…
Continue reading Fun with Forkast, Round 8