Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
Chancellor Warhol responded.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Getting to play with marquee artist in front of people who may or may not have heard your music. Oh yeah, and free stuff.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Wack free stuff. No bueno.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
I get the best of both worlds, because I am a fan who gets to play music festivals.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
Calvin Harris, Little Dragon, Frank Ocean, M83, and Justice…but really this list could go on.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Boss of Nova…he gets a little moody and says YOLO a lot. I think he wants to be a rapper.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
I just bought Frank Ocean “Channel Orange” & Rick Ross “God Forgives, I Don’t”
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
Touching down in Chicago, everything. I’ve been a Bulls fan since I was a kid and I feel like Chicago is the best dressed city in America.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
Um this is new to me, guess I gotta cancel that show on Mars.
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Yeah…I’m coming to infiltrate your city next. Thanks to all of my supporters in those states. Y’all hold me down for real.
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a _________.
top person on my drinking buddy list – right after Bill Murray and before Miles Davis. True story.
Chancellor Warhol: Web, Twitter
Playing Saturday, August 4 at 1:10 PM on the BMI stage