Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
Below are the answers from JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound. The answers were a group effort completed while in the tour van traveling across the country.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Guys with ponytails and see-thru tiger shirts. I.e., Ever been to Florida?
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Sweating through your 600 dollar underwear. I mean 6 dollar underwear.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Hell yeah! 1998 Evanston Rotary Club Native American Jamboree with parents. It was sick bro!
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
Frank Ocean. Frank Ocean. Frank Ocean.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Our coffee maker/make up artist Beans.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
James Blake. I paid him to come to my apartment, sit cross legged before me, and seduce me with his ultra repetitive slow jams.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
Well we had to cancel our co-headline Tour of The Dells with Aerosmith.
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Rise up and crush your oppressor!
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a…
man lacking in pony tails and see through tiger shirts.
JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound: Web, Twitter
Playing Saturday, August 4 at 12:00 PM on the Sony stage