Signatures

A discussion area for issues about Glorious Noise: bug reports, feature requests, etc.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Chris G
Dotman

Signatures

Post by Chris G »

I know we went down this path once.

You should let people add a signature. You can do like some sites that don't allow pictures, or even limit the signature to 3 lines of type with links.

I recall in the past that it was about not wanting people to crap up the page with big animating banners and shit.

Just another unsolicited suggestion.

It's a small thing you can do to help make the forum a little more sticky.

That is all.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: Signatures

Post by Jake »

Chris G wrote:I know we went down this path once.

You should let people add a signature. You can do like some sites that don't allow pictures, or even limit the signature to 3 lines of type with links.

I recall in the past that it was about not wanting people to crap up the page with big animating banners and shit.

Just another unsolicited suggestion.

It's a small thing you can do to help make the forum a little more sticky.

That is all.
For me, it's about the signal-to-noise ratio. As for stickiness, since most sigs seem to be links to other sites, I'm not sure how allowing them would make the boards stickier...

But I'm open to it if people want it. As long as I can figure out how to allow users to choose not to see them...
Chris G
Dotman

Post by Chris G »

Sticky because, for most people the link is to their MySpace or Facebook page or to their blog, and it makes your site a part of their community, so to speak. Food for thought.