Quasar Wut Wut, what have you done to me?

Forum to discuss the Glorious Noise recording artists, Quasar Wut-Wut.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Quasar Wut Wut, what have you done to me?

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

Ok, I did my GloNo duty and bought Taro Sound, listened to it, liked it ok, then it kind of faded away. But it keeps haunting me, and little by little it's become one of my favorites. Now I can't stop listening to it.

Seriously, GloNoids, this is one excellent cd. Anyone else digging it like me?
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:Anyone else digging it like me?
This guy from PopMatters is, apparently. Glad you like it. We do too. That's why we started the record label after all.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

It is a pretty dense album so it takes some time for it to sink in. It does sink in though and you find yourself humming "Pulling Yarns" or signing "Beaver Fever." I think some of the reviewers we sent it to are just now getting their "got it" moment.
Kristy
GLONO Team Member

Post by Kristy »

It's really growing on me. The first listen is kind of a jumble, but now I can hear the songs and they're lovely and smart. At points the band sounds like someone but you can never pin it down. So far I've thought Clem Snide, the Kinks, XTC, and the Greatful Dead. In one song alone. It's fascinating.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

'March Of The Zug' has really gripped me. It's so hard to describe - Tom Waits meets Zappa meets Oingo Boingo? No, that's not it...