Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
Answers by Jonathan Sadoff.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Getting to see the same people every year is fun. You make friends through the years and it becomes kind of like summer camp or something.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
If it doesn’t rain it’s a dustbowl, and if it rains it’s a mudslide. Kind of a no-win, but you get used to it.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Definitely. Over the years I’ve attended Coachella and Lollapalooza as a fan. Chicago is my hometown so it’s a good excuse to go home and see friends, and Coachella is basically a mass Los Angeles exodus to the desert.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
The Shins, Justice, Miike Snow. Stoked to see Sabbath of course!
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Dhani, because he gets pukey on the bus.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
Well, I pay a monthly subscription to Spotify so that’s typically how I get new music, however, I’ve been buying up a bunch of old records. I think the last one I bought was “Toto IV.”
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
I was born and raised in Chicago so I have a very special place in my heart for the city. I am still a pretty big Cubs fan, so going to Wrigley Field in the summer is just about the best thing in the world.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
We’re just getting started with touring on this record, cause it’s just now coming out. The past 6 months we’ve been in the studio so it’s been fine so far. I do hope we make it back to Chicago before the end of the year, so hopefully the 3-month thing won’t mess that up.
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
We hope we can get to you guys soon, we’re planning on touring the US whether it’s this year or next…we haven’t forgotten about you!!
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a _________.
Really promising young singer. I think he’s got a real shot at making it!
Playing Friday, August 3 at 5:40 PM on the BMI stage