put on duran duran, duran duran, u2

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:29 pm

There's nothing simple about a rubber chicken.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:00 am

keeping it simple/secret santa-ing was what i had in mind as well. perhaps if this is in fact successful someone else can send out seventeen copies of their own mix next time. and let this be a reminder (adopting obnoxious recess monitor voice):
i have only recieved contact information from about 9 of you. my bedtime tomorrow night is going to be somewheres around 1 a.m. central standard time. then i will start randomizing and things. (after i have slept.) in other words:
SEND ME YOUR SHIT. NOW.
bye.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

done and done.

Postby nobodygirl » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:45 pm

hello--within the last half hour all who expressed their interest in this
mix-y thing should have either recieved an email or a private message. if you were expecting one and did not get one, write me and bitch at me and i'll see what i can do, though i am almost positive i covered everybody.
and also realize that if the person whose name/info you got happens to be your mortal enemy, TOO BAD. i did not do it on purpose. my genius boyfriend helped me do all of the randomizing with an excel table last night and he has no idea who any of you are; less so than i do.
so i would like to thank excel and the academy, and once again: the first person who recieves their mix should start a new thread about rubber chickens.
...or whatever.

dam05
GLONO Board Playa

Postby dam05 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:45 pm

so, am I the only one who's been listening to his music this week by applying whether or not it would fit the criteria for my new mixCD friend? i'm bordering close to obsession with this!! i'm more concerned with making just the right assortment than what i actually might get...which i'm convinced will rock balls, no matter what.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:52 pm

I've spent the last two LATE night going through my cd collection to find titles that will fit my theme. I'll tackle quality once I've gone through the whole collection. Damn, it's taking me forever just to round up tracks... or rather, winnow down tracks. I want this one perfect... at the very least, I don't want to embarass myself, like ususal.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:54 pm

That last bunch of blather was from me... forgot to log in.

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:28 pm

You guys are doing themes? Man, now I have to get the thinking cap out.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:14 am

Mine's kinda a twin theme idea, and it's already compiled, but I need to tighten up some of the segueways on the disc. And, of course, do the cover artwork/inserts/liner notes, etc. . For that, I have a concept already; I just need to find a way to execute it without looking all Wisconsin cheesy...

...I'm hoping the comp I send makes the Perfect Albums thread, LOL!! I've seen some of the musical tastes of the guy I got, and I think he's gonna like this comp.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Quite Clearly Insane

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:53 am

My mix is done, labeled, addressed and going off first-class tomorrow. The subject line is the title and here's the track listing. I hope the good little boy or girl who gets it likes it...

1) The Lunatics (Have Taken Over the Asylum) – The Fun Boy Three
2) Psychotic Reaction – The Count Five
3) Teenage Nervous Breakdown - Little Feat
4) Crazy Rhythms – The Feelies
5) Amnesia – The Rubinoos
6) Break My Mind – The Flying Burrito Bros.
7) Out of My Head – 20/20
8) Crazy Baldhead – Bob Marley and the Wailers
9) Tarzan’s Nuts – Madness
10) Lager Delerium – Bad Manners
11) Paranoid – The Dickies
12) Crazy – Meat Puppets
13) Haywire! – The Boss Martians
14) Brain Damage – Pink Floyd
15) Lost My Mind – Matthew Sweet
16) Crazy – Patsy Cline
17) My Mind’s Got A Mind Of Its Own – Jimmie Dale Gilmore
18) Voice In My Head – The Sneetches
19) Head Is Happy (Heart’s Insane) – Aztec Camera
20) Crazy Baby (Live) – The Blasters
21) Psycho Girl – The Mr. T Experience
22) Outta My Mind – The Donnas
23) Crazy Mixed-Up Kid – The Smithereens
24) My Lunatic Friends – Deathray
25)Madness In the Streets – Man Or Astroman?
26) Psycho – The Sonics

My apologies to my good little boy or girl if the levels go up and down a bit. The volume levelling function my my cheap-ass music program sucks butt, so I don't use it. Enjoy your cd's you bunch o' maniacs!

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:55 am

One more thing... if you like the looks of that track listing, lemme know with a PM. I can always make more copies. Rock on!

Return to “Rants and Raves”