LIST 'EM!!! My First Bells

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:59 pm

O! wrote:Ah, yes. The Sleestaks. I would cringe whenever the Land Of The Lost crew got caught in the Sleestak cave trying to steal their magic crystals.
Worst. Show. Ever.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:01 pm

steve-o wrote:
Worst. Show. Ever.
But a great band from Kalamazoo!

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:51 pm

steve-o wrote:
Worst. Show. Ever.
I invite you to witness the wonders of Boobah or perhaps The Wiggles! L.O.T.L. was pretty bad...Even at a young age I knew the vast majority of the show made no fucking sense at all. I love how these topics suddenly take a left turn and end up talking about Sid & Marty Kroft shows.
Kind of back on track: My Dad got me a Clash album for Christmas one year and I was totally impressed by his newfound hipness.

foxforcefive
GLONO Board Playa

Post by foxforcefive » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:53 am

My very first music purchase, at age 10, was Bryan Adams, Reckless. Everywhere I go, kids wanna rock.

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Whos your freind when things get rough?

Post by russ » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:39 am

Yes, I will admit I owned the H.R. PUFNSTUF movie soundtrack on vinyl when I was a kid. I loved that album, and I still love Pufnstuf.
In fact I found a copy of the album a few years ago on vinyl and encoded it so I could make a cd of it.
KROFFT RULES!

Batchy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Re: Whos your freind when things get rough?

Post by Batchy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:06 am

russ wrote:Yes, I will admit I owned the H.R. PUFNSTUF movie soundtrack on vinyl when I was a kid. I loved that album, and I still love Pufnstuf.
In fact I found a copy of the album a few years ago on vinyl and encoded it so I could make a cd of it.
KROFFT RULES!
Crikey! Now there's a blast from the past. I don't know what kinda stuff was being puffed when the creator came up with the witch but she scared me shitless. So much so, that it kind of made me terrified to watch the programme knowing that such evil and ugliness could be lurking around the corner.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:53 pm

no shit... puff'n stuff and gigglesnort hotel scared the underoos off me as a kid... i did like sigmund tho...

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Whos your freind when things get rough?

Post by miss carol » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:56 pm

russ wrote:Yes, I will admit I owned the H.R. PUFNSTUF movie soundtrack on vinyl when I was a kid. I loved that album, and I still love Pufnstuf.
KROFFT RULES!
Amen. Kids shows were far more beautifully fucked up back in the day. I give you House of Frightenstein THE BEST SHOW EVER!!

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:07 pm

i don't know. we had some shit shows back in the day. anyone remember the droids/ewok hour?

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:09 pm

And now the post that ties it all together - Tripping Daisy did a fucking excellent cover of Sigmund & The Sea Monsters for Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits. Really, it's boss.

From the same album:
Spiderman - The Ramones
Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah - Violent Femmes