Vote on the Worst Band Name Ever!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Vote on the Worst Band Name Ever!

Post by D. Phillips » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:28 pm

The BBC has a list of band names that aren't even all that bad:

Derek And The Dominoes
Spandau Ballet
The Jam

Etc.

What's your vote for worst band name?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/markandlard ... vote.shtml

Phineas
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Phineas » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:23 pm

Rivier... never mind.

I nominate Enuff Z'Nuff, Puddle Of Mudd and the Phunk Junkeez. Something about intentional misspellings maybe...

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:04 pm

Rivier... never mind.
Oh, you bastard!

I too have a thing about the intentional mis-spelling of a name. What the fuck?

My favorite bad name is Retard Bus. I hated that band, but loved the name.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:25 pm

Fat Amy was a West Michigan band, and now one of the guys in the band is on the tv show, The Bachelorette. But Fat Amy is a sort of funny name for a band

I hate anything with stupid puctuation like Indie.Arie or (hed)pe or !!!. But not ? & the Mysterians, of course. That's one of the best names ever.

Naming yourself after food and then misspelling it has to be the worst. To quote Propaghandi's awesome "Back to the Motor League": Chickenshit Conformists with their fists in the air; like-father, like-son "rebels" bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. (mp3)

the swayback

worst band names

Post by the swayback » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:49 pm

this one sucks pretty bad..........

Funk If I Know...they are from our fair state of colorado

http://www.theswayback.com

starymouse

Post by starymouse » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:17 pm

crazytown. i don't know, it's just ridiculous. it also helps that they suck alot. i guess i don't like any band with z's, x's, or y's in their name.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:12 am

"Sounds Like Fun" is a terrible name for a band. As is "Hello Dave."

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by ryanking » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 am

those are some great band names. now let's not forget Troll for Trout, the Grand Rapids milque-toast of the town. Let's not forget the West Michigan triple terror of Papa Vegas, Popa Weely, and Poppa Chubby.

There is actually a jam band from Lansing called Voodoo Chili. I'm sure they are a spicy concoction. That band needs fucking UN advisors to step in the next time they even think about naming anything.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:12 am

ryanking wrote:There is actually a jam band from Lansing called Voodoo Chili.
Back when he was 19, one of our GLONO posse members used to pronounce the Jimi Hendrix song Voodoo Chile as if it were Voodoo Chili. But he was still down wit tha brothas. He also thought John Lee Hooker was just speaking jibberish when he said, "Boogie Chillun." (For those that don't know: "chillun" is the southern, rural way of saying "children," as "chile" is to "child.")

wik

so many, so many

Post by wik » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:30 am

"The The" was pretty dumb. Kind of thing a 13 year old finds clever for a minute & a half.

I've also just about had it with the combination-of-disparate-pop-culture-references type names. Like Brian Jonestown Massacre or Shirley Temple of Doom, etc. Enough already with that shit.

Remember the 80's Judas Priest type metal band called "Accept"? That was a bad one. Lots of metal bands seemed to name the band by picking a single word at random, but that one for some reason stands out.

So many more: The Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy, The Alarm, Phish, The Band, The Cars, Extreme, Band Aid, Jimmy Eat World, Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments, I am The World Trade Center, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead.