Band websites

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Band websites

Post by quasarwutwut »

Hey there people with the best taste I know: my band wants to redesign our website and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for other sites to completely rip off (just kidding!*). I'm not talking about super crazy fancy sites (read 'expensive'), but just cool sites that you like the layout of a lot, or the way their navigation works or whatever. I've got some ideas, but I wondered if any of y'all have any particular sites that stand out in your head. For example, I really like The Hives' site.

Or if you have web ideas like "don't bother making a site when you could just use Facebook". Or "why not concentrate on not being a shitty band before you worry about a stupid web site?". You know, things like that.

*not kidding
buddeehollee

TheDonerail.com

Post by buddeehollee »

TheDonerail.com is a good one.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

Ugh, Shecks, did we really need to see that?
jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by jonas »

Ugh, Shecks, did we really need to see that?
Jesus, no kidding.
miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol »

Oh for crying out loud! Burned on my brain. Ew ew ew.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

Zach Galifianakis is really taking this messy look too far.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:2 words: wall photo.
I don't think Shecks intended to do that. It's that site's way of dealing with hotlinking its images. Classy!
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

Jake wrote: I don't think Shecks intended to do that. It's that site's way of dealing with hotlinking its images. Classy!
Uh...what did I do? The links are turning up okay for me. Did they link to goatse or something? Sorry, all.

Anyway, back to the thread - I don't wanna derail QWW's quest for a cool site. Speaking of which, is Joshua R. still dinking around with web stuff? He does nice work.
quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by quasarwutwut »

When I tried Shecky's link it worked just fine, so I'm kind of upset that I didn't get to see what apparently made everyone else throw up when they looked at it. And thank you buddeehollee, that donerail site was pretty good, definitely things about it I like.

Do you guys like to be able to stream songs as well as be able to download them? And if so is there a streaming doohickey that you prefer and/or hate?

And Shecks, I didn't know Josh R. did webwork. Do you know Patrick Vociferous LaPenna? He's a friend of Josh's (and all that GR crew) and he did our current site and is hopefully going to be making the new one.