Bucktown Apple Pie Contest (Chicago)

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

amy the wineaux
GLONO Board Playa

Bucktown Apple Pie Contest (Chicago)

Postby amy the wineaux » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 pm

I know it's not really music, but it is All-American apple pie and I have entered. And I did listen to the Kooks and the Fratellis all day while slaving at the stove.
If anybody wants come on over to Holstein Park in Bucktown this Sunday from 2-4pm and show the love to a Glono gal, they can check out my Toffee Caramel Apple Pie and support the park district. I have such a sugar buzz from cooking, tasting and perfecting my tofee/caramel all day, you cannot understand.
Eat my pie.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:42 am

Congrats on the pie and I hope you won a ribbon. If not, you'd wuz robbed!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:53 am

Mmmmm, pie...

How'd it go? Any leftovers?

amy the wineaux
GLONO Board Playa

Postby amy the wineaux » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:44 pm

I was robbed! I didn't get a ribbon, but it was my first contest, and there were 64 other entries. After the judging, they sold all the pies by the slice to the general public. My pies were sold by the slice within the first 45 minutes, so I think they must have been pretty good. Next year I'm so gonna get a ribbon...

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:27 pm

awesome...
i wish i could bake... i'm a fair cook, but baking and cooking are like guitar and drums... just cuz you can do one doesn't mean you can do the other... if you screw up cooking, you can usually fix it... you fuck up baking, and it's in the trash...

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:09 pm

creepy wrote:awesome...
i wish i could bake... i'm a fair cook, but baking and cooking are like guitar and drums... just cuz you can do one doesn't mean you can do the other... if you screw up cooking, you can usually fix it... you fuck up baking, and it's in the trash...

I think the key is tsp salt versus tbsp salt.

Pie...making me hungry...

Return to “Rants and Raves”