for those of y'all who still listen to cds

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

for those of y'all who still listen to cds

Postby thinsafetypin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 pm

i am one of you, and i found something pretty sweet today. this site allows you to build a cue of things you want to get rid of and things you want to get, and for every cd you give away, you get one for $1 (plus 75¢ shipping) when it comes available. seemed like a really cool idea to me, so i thought i'd throw it out there for anyone else who might be interested.

just don't laugh at my terrible, terrible collection of things i'm giving away if you run across my profile :)

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:15 am

Wow. I don't listen to CDs anymore, but this is a good way to get new music I'd like to transfer to the ole' Pod.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:19 am

well, that's really how i listen to my cds too... i guess i should've said "for those of y'all who still buy cds.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 am

I still buy, listen, create, and cherish CDs. I've gone anti-download completely due to the fact that I'm not willing to pay my hard-earned clams for a lossy format. And it's a shame; the only way to get certain class titles these days is via lossy download. Pity... and the music industry wonders why it's dying. The tail's eating the dog from the inside out, ladies & gentlemen...

That said, I've gotta find out more about thissy here website; the concept looks kinda cool. I wonder if they'd be interested in a Loud Lucy disc for trade!! Or Fungo Mungo... or Paw!! Hey, I could always throw in a Kimm Rogers disc, vintage early '90s!! (schlock, that is)

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:50 am

oh my! loud lucy! i haven't heard that name in ages. i almost bought that cd. i'm still somewhat intrigued after all these years. how was the cd?

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 am

Loud Lucy was kind of disappointing on at least two levels, to be honest. At the time it came out of the mid-90s signing frenzy in Chicago. Anything even remotely connectable to the buzz words "Wicker Park" or "Bucktown" got eyebrows raised in the upper echelons of the major labels. Liz Phair, Veruca Salt, Triple Fast Action, Fig Dish, and Loud Lucy all got deals pretty much around the same period. Only the last band released a flat-out dud; very disappointing album. And it was a Chicago-based dud, too, thus the second layer of heartbreak.

All apologies to any Loud Lucy fans / band members whom I might be inadvertently insulting in my expressed opinion, which does not necessarily reflect the rest of GloNo, blah blah blah...

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:26 am

DJMurphy wrote:I still buy, listen, create, and cherish CDs. I've gone anti-download completely due to the fact that I'm not willing to pay my hard-earned clams for a lossy format.

So don't pay. That's my mischievous method.

(Just kidding, RIAA!)

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:19 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Loud Lucy was kind of disappointing on at least two levels, to be honest. At the time it came out of the mid-90s signing frenzy in Chicago. Anything even remotely connectable to the buzz words "Wicker Park" or "Bucktown" got eyebrows raised in the upper echelons of the major labels. Liz Phair, Veruca Salt, Triple Fast Action, Fig Dish, and Loud Lucy all got deals pretty much around the same period. Only the last band released a flat-out dud; very disappointing album. And it was a Chicago-based dud, too, thus the second layer of heartbreak.

All apologies to any Loud Lucy fans / band members whom I might be inadvertently insulting in my expressed opinion, which does not necessarily reflect the rest of GloNo, blah blah blah...

sorry to hear that. i always had high hopes for the band and wanted to get the record at some point. oh well. another 90's band that has been forgotten. anyone remember dog eye's view?

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:22 pm

grounded5am wrote:another 90's band that has been forgotten. anyone remember dog eye's view?

There was a reason they were forgotten.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:25 pm

yeah. like a lot of 90's bands that lay wasted they too sucked.

Return to “Rants and Raves”