New advertiser: emusic

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

New advertiser: emusic

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Hey guys, look over to the right and notice the new ad for emusic. It's a little blinky. If you find it too distracting, we can change it to a static image. Let us know.

Here's the deal: if you sign up for emusic, we get paid. Unlike the Google ads, it doesn't help us to just click on it. If you're already signed up for emusic, never mind.

I've been signed up to emusic for several months now, and I like it. Sure, there are some things that could be better, but overall, it's great. It's almost all music from indie labels so if you're looking for the new Flo Rida, it's probably not for you.

But one cool thing is they recently got the whole Rolling Stones ABKCO catalog (1964-1970). No idea how they managed that, but it's quite a coup! So it's worth it just for that. You get 25 songs for free, and then you get 30 songs per month for $9.99. That's what I do, and it's a good deal. So for an investment of $9.99 you can download 55 Stones songs. Not a bad fucking deal.

Ad
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Ad » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 pm

Yeah, I love emusic. They've got a pretty deep catalog now. I was pleased to see a bunch of old Robyn Hitchcock added a couple of months ago. My "saved for later" list is at about 75 albums now!

And, no, I don't find the ad annoying. The colors are muted enough that the blinking doesn't drive me crazy.

Return to “Rants and Raves”