The almost-goodbye-to-Glono what are you listening to thread

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Re: The almost-goodbye-to-Glono what are you listening to th

Post by steve-o » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm really mad at you guys for not turning me on to Yo La Tengo a lot earlier. How could this happen?! I picked up a copy of I Can Hear The Heart Beating as One in a thrift store and I haven't stopped listening to it since.

What else I've been listening to on my summer vacation:
Beach House Teen Dream
M83 Hurry Up We're Dreaming
Yuck

And yeah, I've also been revisiting Nick Cave's discography since I picked up newly remastered versions of Henry's Dream and The Good Son. The man can do no wrong. Okay, actually he can, but I'm just making a point here.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by jonas » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:08 pm

steve-o wrote: And yeah, I've also been revisiting Nick Cave's discography since I picked up newly remastered versions of Henry's Dream and The Good Son. The man can do no wrong. Okay, actually he can, but I'm just making a point here.
Funny, I had probably 15 or 20 NC songs from 7 or 8 random albums, but a few months ago I started back-filling and buying the whole CDs. I just bought Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus last week and have been listening to it at full volume and non stop...and wtf, how amazing it is.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 pm

jonas wrote:Funny, I had probably 15 or 20 NC songs from 7 or 8 random albums, but a few months ago I started back-filling and buying the whole CDs. I just bought Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus last week and have been listening to it at full volume and non stop...and wtf, how amazing it is.
A friend who very charitably offers to drive me around since I've gone carless has Abbattoir Blues in his CD player pretty regularly, and I ask about it everytime I hear it. I really need to pick it up, because everything I've heard is damn good.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: The almost-goodbye-to-Glono what are you listening to thread

Post by worpswede » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Colter Wall - Colter Wall s/t
Leslie Stevens Sinner
Bryan Ferry Avonmore
Mahavishnu Orchestra Between Nothingness & Eternity
Soft Machine Live at the Proms 1970
Power Trip Nightmare Logic
Robyn Hitchcock Robyn Hitchcock 2017 s/t
Robyn Hitchcock I Wanna Go Backwards box set
Spiritualized And Nothing Hurt
Jerry Garcia Band Electric On The Eel
Lana Del Rey Norman Fucking Rockwell
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band Clear Spot

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Re: The almost-goodbye-to-Glono what are you listening to thread

Post by grounded5am » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:54 am

I'm alternating between a few things right now when I can listen. I've got some terrible headaches that seem to get worse when I listen to music. They're so bad that it prevents me from listening to music most days and its killing me. However when I do listen it's been the following:

Phish
- A Live One(in my cd player on my way to work/home)
The Innocence Mission - The Innocence Mission (when I'm in bed trying to sleep to help with my anxiety)*

R.E.M-
Green 25th anniversary vinyl
Rufus Wainwright - Poses vinyl
Rufus wainwright - Want One*

*These are the only ones I use a streaming service for (only until the 3 month trail ends anyway) and that's mainly due to the headaches and not wanting to have headphones on while sleeping. Also, I can't find my Innocence Mission cd or I would put it on hi res DAP. It sucks not being able to listen to music. Starting to go nuts. I get so stir crazy and force myself.

But then I'm hurting afterward for the rest of the day. Can't help it at night. Have to have something to keep myself distracted so my anxiety doesn't get bad and I can sleep. I would use my TV, but it's out of commission. I hate life, but am petrified of death. I am really fucked up (pardon my french) LOL.