new Warhols album?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

petrichor21
GLONO Board Playa

new Warhols album?

Postby petrichor21 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:11 pm

Has anyone heard the new Dandy Warhols album? 13 Tales was one of the best albums of the last few years and sold 200,000 or so albums. I expected something of a media blitz for this album, yet I didn't even know it had come out until today. I only found 2 reviews of Welcome to the Monkey House online. What's going on? Has Capitol forsaken them already?

Joshua
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Joshua » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:28 pm

Haven't heard it, but I can't wait... I just snagged a copy of the Feb/Mar 'Filter' which has a good article on them and now my appetite is primed for more Dandys.

Robertff
MOJO Freak

Postby Robertff » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:18 am

Their new album is different to 'Thirteen Tales' - not so immediately accessible and certainly takes a while to get into. Vocals are often 'whispered' and the whole album in general has not got the rock and full on approach of the last one.

Personally I think 'Thirteen' was an exceptional album and one of the best made for some time. I know this view is not commonly accepted but I really like the Dandy Warhols. Unfortunately 'Monkey House' isn't the album to launch them into the stratosphere but I have grown to like it.

P.S. I'm one of the refugees from Mojoland and the Dandy's aren't well regarded there.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:23 pm

I also dig the Dandys. '13 Tales' is some good stuff. Can't wait to hear the new one.

Return to “Rants and Raves”