Quick question

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Getaway Driver

Quick question

Post by Getaway Driver »

Getaway Car

New band, new album -- Catchy power pop Co-produced and mixed by Jeff Juliano (John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Lifehouse)
Would love to hear what everyone thinks, good or bad.
http://www.drivethegetawaycar.com .
Currently being featured on http://www.popbang.com radio as the single of the week.

Not asking for much, just trying to get a feel for what the opinions of the board is on this band.

Thank you for your time.
LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by LionIndex »

Catchy power pop Co-produced and mixed by Jeff Juliano (John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Lifehouse)
Uh-oh. I'm sure someone will give you an honest, considered response, but in general I think your reaction will not be necessarily favorable.
DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

Hmm, I give you credit for soliciting opinions in a relatively direct, non-devious way. We've made mockeries of previous street-teamersbefore, when they come in acting like total tools.

The music is well crafted and pleasant, and earnest. However, it's also music that wouldn't sound out of place being overplayed on my wife's radio station. With that in mind, you guys ought to go places. For my own tastes, I probably wouldn't invest in the disc. I do sincerely wish you guys tons of success; you seem worthier than fuckin' Matchbox 20 and Hoobastank ever will be.
terrabull
GLONO Board Pimp

lord forgive me for being an ass

Post by terrabull »

i agree - should do pretty well, but only because this isn't a just universe. i can't imagine a track much more vapid and derivative than "kingdom come"(?) i just listened to on the website. my mom rocks harder than this band (i woulda said my grandma, but that would be lying). snooze-rock. formulaic. irritating. i'd rather listen to nickelback, and that says a lot. sounds like you structured each song around the dullest bass line imaginable.

sorry, just my opinion, but it sounds soooo...formulaic. gutless. i'm vaguely pissed at myself that i'm still wasting my time thinking about it..
that's it. oh shit - just scanned the site while reviewing the songs to decide if this review is warranted, and...it brags about having a song in a pontiac commercial? is that right? now there's no hope that i won't post this. shit.

kudos for the upfrontness, tho, i suppose...even if it is kinda lame...
Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Lep »

Hell, I'll click on anything. But at 33% loaded I went away.