Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
O Rappa’s Marcelo Falcão was the first to respond.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
To see other bands performing.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Missing that show you’ve been looking forward.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Sure. Since I was a little kid.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
Black Sabbath, Black Keys, RHCP, Franz Ferdinand.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Believe me: It’s me, myself and I.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
Undun – The Roots.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
You tell me. It’s my first time in Chicago. Besides Chicago Bulls and stuff, what you suggest?
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
Easy one. We are from Brazil. ;)
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Oh god, that’s hard. We’ve been playing at Copacabana for millions (New Year’s Eve), Lollapalooza (Brazilian edition), Favela da Rocinha (a huge slum at Rio de Janeiro)… But nothing compares to Lollapalooza…
What can I tell you? Stay tuned on YouTube, it’s better than nothing. And also check our Twitter (@orappaoficial) to get inside information.
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a _________.
Great friend and an enthusiastic about our music.
Playing Friday, August 3 at 12:45 PM on the Bud Light stage